- Conduct line and grade work for building layouts and surveying activities
- Ensure that civil, structural, and architectural drawings are built to specifications
- Review all work as it is being placed to be sure it is accurate within accepted tolerances
- Review contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to ensure proper coordination and installation
- Ensure that the work performed directly by RGC, subcontractors or vendors is done with accordance with our Contract with the Owner
- Coordinate with the RGC Project Team and subcontractor personnel to make sure how to provide the work safely and in accordance with the Contract documents
- Establish exterior-interior grade and working lines for contractors or crafts
- Assist in the evaluation of potential dimensions and other field issues that may come about on the project
- Communicates with the Project Team for information, submittals, design clarifications and RFI’s
- Monitors maintenance of project files, project documents, as-built schedules and assist with document interpretation of project plans and specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of contract documents and electronic web-based documents for field operations
- Document changes in scope of work, discovery of unforeseen conditions, instructions from the Owner or Engineer, Subcontractor and/or Vendor concerns, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of the site safety program as required and ensure subcontractor compliance with RGC’s Safety Best Practices and all applicable safety codes and regulations
- Coordinate to make sure the work being performed is done in a safe manner in compliance with OSHA and RGC’s Best Practices
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2-5 years’ experience working in the construction industry
- Knowledge of drawings, specifications, and surveying instruments
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions, shop drawings, procedure manuals, and safety rules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, etc.); with cloud-based Construction Management Software
- Experience CAD Programs or equivalent and Total Station/Robot
- Valid Driver’s License
- Continually drives for results, strives for improvement, creates trust with character and action, teams up successfully, solves complex problems and builds other people.
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30
- First Aid/CPR
- Communication skills in Spanish
- This position has supervisory responsibility of the Assistant Field Engineer (if on site), Craft Persons and Laborers.
- Ensure RGC policies and processes are followed in supervisory activities.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and development plans for each year; monitor and supervise the progress to enhance their professional development and contribution to RGC.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a construction job site setting.
- Able to work significant portion of day outside on construction site
- Able to walk or stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift/move up to 70 lbs.
- Able to deal with the physical activities associated with a construction site (stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach and twist)
- Able to work at elevated heights
- Able to navigate work areas under construction
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Standard day and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours are required as the job duties demand.
Travel to other RGC job sites and to RGC offices is required.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
RGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.